ASJC Magic Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASJC Magic Forums

ImageCheck check out the Competitions, New Prizes!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Donate HereDonate Here  Log in  

Dang, am I the only beginner?

Go down 
+4
Kman
Amirshaw
Johncosta
Gamer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gamer
Gamer

Dang, am I the only beginner? Empty
PostSubject: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 6:49 am

I'm all alone. I guess I'm still a beginner, definitely not advanced, so between beginner and intermediate. Need to practice way more though, I barely get the time to do it. Guess I couldn't work on lifts and stuff while I'm not doing anything......
Back to top Go down
Johncosta
Admin
Admin
Johncosta

PostSubject: hello   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 10:36 am

gamer practice on simply sydney because on his dvd there is a hall different lot of stuff from double lifts to talking and perfect timing. and it also helps you make the audience fell like the trick has finished and then you suprise them.
Back to top Go down
https://asjcmagic.forumotion.net
Amirshaw
Admin
Admin
Amirshaw

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 11:08 am

hmm the best way to practice tricks, is practice them whenever your doing something, weather it be watching a youtube video, watching tv, or reading this post =P

you need to be able to perfect a trick without looking, practice beginner sleights nonstop, even double lifts, i still practice double lifts over and over and im 1 year into magic, and im still trying to prefect them, use bee's, they are good for practicing, that way when you do doubles, you can see if you flash a little or not, or ego changes or whatever the case may be, then when your ready to perform, get your bikes out and youll see how much easier it is with bikes as they are thinner than bee's,

what you can do to practice sleights, is lets use the ego change for example, flip over like 20 cards, and keep repeating the change, if a duck change, do the change, practice your pick and keep repeating, if its a biddle steal (as in the biddle trick to steal the card) pick up half the deck and keep stealing the top card, eventually youll have all your sleights perfectly mastered,

hope this helps gamer
Back to top Go down
http://ASJCmagic.co.nr
Kman

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySat Aug 09, 2008 2:19 pm

before you perform a trick make sure you can do it blind folded, and record it when your blind folded to help yourself to see if you did anything wrong. You'll learn very fast this way.
Back to top Go down
Sundeep
The 100th Post Club
The 100th Post Club
Sundeep

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 2:06 am

I am also a beginner dude. Don't worry.
Back to top Go down
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 7:20 am

omg u are sundeep idk i didnt know that man cuz the way u perform your vids u look great at magic lol
Back to top Go down
Sundeep
The 100th Post Club
The 100th Post Club
Sundeep

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 8:54 am

Is that true?

I think I am very bad at performing.
Back to top Go down
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:15 am

no man to u man but not too me man u very good too me sundeep u do cool magic
Back to top Go down
Sundeep
The 100th Post Club
The 100th Post Club
Sundeep

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:32 am

Thank you, so much, mate.
Back to top Go down
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 9:44 am

aw no problem mate lol
Back to top Go down
Johncosta
Admin
Admin
Johncosta

PostSubject: lol   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:27 pm

i'am really good on putting vidoes on youtube and that but when it comes to performing for my family and friends i can do any trcks because i got the confidence for miss direction... magic is not just the trick if you cant talk or act then its not magical look at all them tricks where the magicians talk they talk becaus ethey whant you to concentrate on them while the do a double lift or put something in there pocket they shouldnt had.

i'm about intermidiate in cards and money magic and other i need to work more on my stage magic but i arent got a digital camera.
some people like my friends might call me a professional but in my minde i wont ever be a professional unless i can do at least 10 tricks of every kind blind folded.

so its not the trick its you and they way you talk if you act suprised that something happened then the audience will be suprised aswell.
Back to top Go down
https://asjcmagic.forumotion.net
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptySun Aug 10, 2008 12:36 pm

yea i feel you mate i understand
Back to top Go down
halo
The 100th Post Club
The 100th Post Club
halo

PostSubject: hey   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 12:23 am

get dangerous by daniel madison its is very good after you do it you wont be a beginner
Back to top Go down
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 10:26 am

halo wrote:
get dangerous by daniel madison its is very good after you do it you wont be a beginner

um me halo or john
Back to top Go down
Amirshaw
Admin
Admin
Amirshaw

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 11:50 am

Dangerous is NOT recommended for beginners, if you learn all the flourishes there and masted them than you are surely not a beginner, BUT how the hell are you going to be able to learn them if you ARE a beginner, someone who knows the simple cuts, swing cut, charlier and so on, will have such a difficult time trying to learn lethal a hard a$$ flourish, the dvd's recommended for flourishes is the trilogy disk 3, Extreme Beginners, Generation Extreme with Brian Tudor,
Showoff with Cards,
or Cradle to Grave by De'vo
Back to top Go down
http://ASJCmagic.co.nr
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyMon Aug 11, 2008 10:47 pm

wow amirshaw
Back to top Go down
Gamer
Gamer

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyTue Aug 12, 2008 12:37 pm

I'm one of the ones that just didnt like extreme beginners. I'm going to check out the System and Trilogy Disk 3 to see what I can do. i can do basic cuts like taught in EB, but no 2 handed cuts. I can do this swing/swivel cut combo thingie, but that's about it. >_<
Back to top Go down
halo
The 100th Post Club
The 100th Post Club
halo

PostSubject: hey   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 4:30 pm

darkmagic wrote:
halo wrote:

um me halo or john

you dark magic you should get it
Back to top Go down
darkmagic
Newbie VIP
Newbie VIP
darkmagic

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyFri Aug 15, 2008 9:42 pm

ohh cool ill get it man but were do i get it from
Back to top Go down
Motas
Active Users
Active Users

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? EmptyMon Aug 18, 2008 5:36 pm

Just practise everyday like 5 hours Very Happy and like this at least 1 year. like me Smile and you'll be intermiadate. Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dang, am I the only beginner?   Dang, am I the only beginner? Empty

Back to top Go down

Dang, am I the only beginner?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ASJC Magic Forums :: Beginners Forum :: Beginners Talk-
Jump to: