ASJC Magic Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASJC Magic Forums

ImageCheck check out the Competitions, New Prizes!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Donate HereDonate Here  Log in  

Differant Cards for Differant Purposes

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Amirshaw
Admin
Admin
Amirshaw

Differant Cards for Differant Purposes Empty
PostSubject: Differant Cards for Differant Purposes   Differant Cards for Differant Purposes EmptyMon Aug 04, 2008 7:06 pm

Obviously, the different things you do with cards demand different things from a deck. Here's a little list of things you do and what cards are good for them.

Magic

Ordinary sleight of hand magic does not call for any special deck quality. So, with that said, Bicycle is THE way to go. They're cheap, available, and FAMILIAR to your spectators. Think about this. A magician is supposed to take something ordinary and make it do something extraordinary. Now think, if you take a black deck, sure it looks cool and all, but is it ordinary? No, no it's not, and your spectators will not let this slide. In my earlier days I would perform with my black decks and get a lot of, "Alright so can you do that with a normal deck?" and "Well those are just special cards aren't they?" Now, even if they don't SAY these things, it doesn't mean they're not thinking it. I can almost assure you that you'll get a better reaction with a normal deck than with a black deck. Besides, there are much more gaffs and gimmicks for normal decks. Anyway, I'm getting off topic.
Back to top Go down
http://ASJCmagic.co.nr
Gamer
Gamer

Differant Cards for Differant Purposes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Differant Cards for Differant Purposes   Differant Cards for Differant Purposes EmptyTue Aug 05, 2008 4:45 pm

I get people adjusted to what I'm using. Since I pretty much perform for the same people, I'll bring in say....my ghost deck and let them see it, handle it, whatever. Then when I start using it to do tricks with, its not strange to them. They know I like to collect different decks, so that kinda ties into it.
Back to top Go down

Differant Cards for Differant Purposes
Page 1 of 1