ASJC Magic Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ASJC Magic Forums

ImageCheck check out the Competitions, New Prizes!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Donate HereDonate Here  Log in  

A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
senor coin
Newbies
Newbies

A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique Empty
PostSubject: A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique   A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 8:19 pm

Bad Influence | Aces | Angle Zero | Catch Color | Half Vanish | Heritage | Lapse Focus | Role Play | Breach

I have performed almost all these effects live, at a party, the rating will be based off the reaction and the effect.

Bad Influence- This is based off an old effect, pretty much daniels little twist on it, this is a very nice group effect, it got a good reaction and the spectator instantly went through the deck. imo with some slight changes to the effect it could be even better. 4/5

Aces- Oe of my top 2 favorites on this disc, some call it filler, but with proper misdirection, this kills, this got the best reaction of the night out of the DM tricks I performed, the deck vansih, while so simple, it is very powerful, although the last ace production could be a little stronger. 4.5/5

Angle Zero- A nice card trick, strong reactions, got a good reaction at the party, but downfall. When having them sign the card the deck is held in a very unnatural position making it opvious your hiding something. Good trick, but could be even better. 4/5

Catch- Not a bad sandwhich effect. Gets a nice reaction but is knacky and sloppy that even when you get it down it still looks sloppy, it did get a good reaction from me, but it is way to sloppy for my likings, plus there is a better samwhich effect on this video. 3/5

Color- I am getting sick of people saying color has completely taken place of the shapeshifter. This is very obvious even to a spectator. For a magician, this seems like a goodchange, but from a spectators point of view, its obvious, way more obvious then a shapeshifter. 2.5/5

Half Vanish- Nice! easy handling, and strong effect, this got a very good reaction, much better then catch, however, the last move of the trick, kind of disrupts the flow, if you have surfaced or know the clipshift, you can modify this so the card disapears using the clipshift, and then go straght for the cards, looks much more natural. 4/5

Heritage- Very simple, but plays well with the spectator, this got a pretty good reaction, a good group effect for several to may people, but a small group this trick doesnt hit as hard. 3.5/5

Lapse- My other top 2 fav. This gets the old wtf just happened look from the spectator. It got good reactions, and the spectators liked it. I made some alterations to it, to suit my liking, and it got an even better reaction. 4.5/5

Focus- eh, this not good, perform this live, it is weak, there is no motivation to have the card got to your pocket, looks okay on camera, but not to a person. The reaction I got was, oh, thats cool, I guess. 1.5/5

Role Play- A very simple trick, but it can get a good reaction, especially with a signed card and a large group, a pretty good trick at parties or with group of people. 3/5

Breach- This is just pure crap, this is filler, not only does it look terrible, but is extremely obvious, I showed a freind the video of the trick on T11, and he said "all he did was drop the card..." The gimmicked version, while heavily gimmicked, at leats looks good, this however, looks like a pile of dog s***. .5/5 The only reason it got a .5 is you might be able to amuse a 4 year old with it.

Not a bad dvd, motion is definately the better of the 2, this dvd was going good until breach, that just killed it, I cant believe daniel couldnt have at least put a decent trick in instead of filling it with that. You will like ssome of the tricks on here a lot, but some you will most likely never use. Thats it, enjoy.
Back to top Go down
halo
The 100th Post Club
The 100th Post Club
halo

A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique Empty
PostSubject: hey   A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique EmptyWed Aug 06, 2008 10:22 pm

sounds good
Back to top Go down

A Dangerous Review, V1 Mystique
Page 1 of 1